Eilat is at the southernmost tip of the country, with its "window on the Red Sea". It is first and foremost a resort town devoted to sun, fun, diving, partying and desert-based activities. Sprawled along 7 km of Red Sea
Coastline, between the borders of Egypt
and Jordan, it offers spectacular views of the Gulf of Eilat (Aqaba) Sandwiched between the Red Sea and the mighty Negev desert, Eilat is a water sport and desert adventure paradise.
The southernmost city of Israel has all the hallmarks of a fantastic sun and fun holiday – spotless beaches, year – round sunshine, VAT – free shopping, high – end resorts and a wonderful host of sun – splashed activities on water
Top 10 things to do and see in Eilat
Eilat, situated in the southernmost part of Israel, is a beautiful resort town that has a lot to offer to tourists. From breathtaking beaches to exciting water sports, here are the top 10 things to do and see in Eilat:
- Coral Beach Nature Reserve is one of the most beautiful and well-preserved underwater gardens in the world.
Visitors can snorkel and experience the breathtaking underwater scenery.
- The Red Canyon is a beautiful natural attraction that offers a unique hiking experience.
Visitors can hike through the canyon.
- Timna Park a beautiful natural park that features stunning rock formations and ancient copper mines.
Visitors can explore the park and learn about the history of copper mining in the region.
- Enjoy the beaches - With clear waters and stunning views, Eilat's beaches are a must-see attraction.
- Go diving - Eilat is known for its crystal clear waters, making it an ideal destination for diving enthusiasts. Visitors can explore the colorful reef and see a variety of marine life.
- The Dolphin Reef is a unique attraction where visitors can swim with dolphins in their natural habitat. It is a great experience for both adults and children.
- The Eilat Mountains offer breathtaking views and a unique hiking experience.
Visitors can hike to the top of Mount Yoash and enjoy the stunning panoramic views of the city.
- The Underwater Observatory allows visitors to experience the underwater world without getting wet. Visitors can see a variety of marine life and learn about the different species that inhabit the Red Sea.
- Desert safari - Eilat is surrounded by beautiful desert landscapes that can be explored on jeep tour or a camel ride through the desert.
- Explore the Eilat Museum a great place to learn about the history of the city. exhibits and learn about the different cultures that have influenced the region.
- Weather: 20 - 45°C
- Wind 0 - 26 km/h
- 30% Humidity
- Population: 49,000 (2019)
How To Reach Eilat
- Travelers flying in from Haifa, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and other domestic routes will land at the Airport [ETH]
- Those arriving internationally will land at [ETH] International Airport. The airport is 40 miles from Eilat's city center and you can take the Egged bus for a single fare of $3