Activities, Sights 372 Views
Plitvice Lakes


Thursday : 9:00am - 18:00pm Open

+385 53 751 014

Plitvice 53231, Plitvička Jezera, Croatia
Zadar, Croatia

Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatian: Nacionalni park Plitvička jezera, colloquially Plitvice, pronounced [plîtʋitse]) is one of the oldest and largest national parks in Croatia. In 1979, Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register. The national park was founded in 1949 and is in the mountainous karst area of central Croatia, at the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The important north–south road that passes through the national park area connects the Croatian inland with the Adriatic coastal region. The protected area extends over 296.85 square kilometres (73,350 acres). About 90% of this area is part of Lika-Senj County, while the remaining 10% is part of Karlovac County. Each year, more than 1 million visitors are recorded. Entrance is subject to variable charges, up to 250 kuna or around €34 per adult per day in summer 2018. Palces To Visit:
  • Great Waterfall
  • Kozjak
  • Galovac
  • Plitvicka Jezera
  • Ciginovac
  • Proscansko Jezero
How To Reach Plitvice Zagreb Airport is a good option to fly to to reach Plitvice – it is about 140km away. From Zagreb Airport, take a connecting bus (they wait outside the terminal building) to the main bus station in Zagreb. From here, you can then take one of numerous buses to the Plitvice Lakes; journey time is about 2 hours 20 minutes. You can book tickets on the Zagreb Bus Terminal website.


Check out livestream of the current conditions in our Park and enjoy the view of Big Waterfall and Sastavci waterfalls.

Livestream available on following link.



Your Details
I declare that I have read, understood and accept the Terms & Conditions and the Privacy Policy.
payment cards
Facebook Share