Food & Wine Tasting Tour
First-time visitors love our Vintage food & Wine 🍷 Tasting Tour in Porto
- Max 10 guests
- Aprox 3.5-hours Duration
- All weather
- Monday to Saturday
- €70 Per Person
- Departures 10am and 3pm
- Available in PT | EN | FR | ES
A new take on the greatest of the old. Experience how the city’s past is impacting its future in terms of regional cuisine, as well as its architecture and culture, by taking our Vintage Food & Wine Tasting Tour.
First-time visitors to Porto adore our Vintage & Port Wine Food Tour since it not only takes you off the beaten path but also stops at several of the city’s must-see attractions. Families, groups of friends, couples, foodies with a sense of adventure, and single travelers who wish to experience Porto authentically will all enjoy it.
Experience how the city’s past is impacting its future in terms of regional cuisine, as well as its architecture and culture, by taking our Vintage Food & Wine Tasting Tour.
This 3.5-hour Vintage Food & Wine Tasting Tour examines the revitalization of Porto’s cuisine by fusing the finest of the past with more recent establishments that are giving classic Portuguese meals a modern twist. It is a 3 kilometer race that takes place in the center of Porto.
It is a 3 kilometer race that takes place in the center of Porto.
You will sample traditional Portuguese foods, regional wines, regional pastries, and, of course, Port wines during this wine and food tour in Porto. You will sample a total of 14 different meals and 7 different beverages in a well-balanced culinary tour.
10 Reasons Why People Love this Food and Wine Tour in Porto
- 3.5-hour downtown Porto
- guided walking tour small-group excursion
- A trip to 5 distinct, family-run tasting venues
- 14 food samples (a perfect balance of sweet and savory)
- 7 drink tastings, 6 of which will be wines from Portugal’s various untapped regions
- a brief course on port wine
- a local guide who speaks English and is enthusiastic and knowledgeable
- An unique Free Guide highlighting the top restaurants, bars, and attractions in Porto
- Uncommon access to a cooking show class online
- a financial contribution to a neighborhood NGO that aids homeless people in Porto
Stop #1 – Mercearia do Bolhão
Vintage at its best! Start your day off right with a mixed board (Tábua Mista) of mainly noble types of local sausages and two different kinds of Portuguese cheese.
Stop #2 – Bolhão Wine House
As a meal or as a snack, can’t beat our Portuguese canned sardines. Enjoy a glass of wine from Vinho Verde wine region along with some traditional canned fish. Hugo, the owner, will teach you many things about small-scale wine producers and traditional canned fish.
Stop #3 – Confeitaria Moura
This is a very famous pastry shop, open since 1892, owned by the Moura family. At this tasting location, we will get our sugar levels back up, sampling two pastries at a bakery with a 120-year-old tradition.
Stop #4 – Taxca
Taverns are the preferred type of restaurant in Porto and this one is very dear to our hearts. Savor this locals-only spot with the very famous “Bifana” and a glass of the oh-so-typical espadal. A mix of flavors that will make your taste buds spin.
Stop #5 – Garrafeira Oli Portugal pairing with Confeitaria Aliança
Finish off your tour in style with a Port wine masterclass, including 3 different types of Port that may surprise you.
In this trip, our storyteller will show you the most authentic regional “petiscos,” always accompanied by a local beverage, in pubs and traditional grocery stores. You will comprehend the background of our gastronomy and wine culture at the end of it, and ultimately, why we are so passionate about food.
- A storytelling local guide.
- Liability and Personal Accident Insurance.
- Taxes (VAT 23%)
Not eligible for:
- Individuals under the effect of alcohol or drugs.
- Not recommended for people that have been recently submitted to surgery.
Related Tours in Portugal
- Free walking tour Porto
- Free Walking Tour Lisbon
- Food & Wine Tasting Tour
- Porto Must See Private Tour
- Photography Tour
- Douro Valley Tour
- Porto Electric bicycle Tour
- Bus Tours Hop-on Hop-off Tours
- Free Walking Tours Funchal Madeira, Portugal,
- Jewish Quarter in Porto Walking Tour